Academic and Budget Planning (ABP) advises the provost on strategic and budgetary planning for academic and administrative units. Working closely with Steven Gill, budget director and associate provost for finance and his colleagues in the Budget Office, the ABP team supports University leadership, departments and other units as they pursue goals in service of the overall mission of the University. This work includes:
- Analyzing financial information and other data to support strategic planning and decision-making;
- Partnering with units to address budget-related challenges and opportunities;
- Developing funding models for new academic and administrative initiatives;
- Collaborating with the Office of Advancement to translate departmental and University priorities into compelling fundraising opportunities;
- Supporting the management and allocation of endowed and term funds;
- Reviewing requests for central funding support; and
- Considering requests for staffing growth.