International Affairs and Operations advances internationalization efforts across campus with specific emphasis on:
- Leading partnership and collaborations with universities around the world
- Facilitating research opportunities abroad and the creation of global scholarly networks for faculty members and graduate students
- Advancing initiatives that give heightened emphasis to international and comparative perspectives in the curriculum
- Overseeing efforts to promote safety and security for Princeton travelers abroad
- Supporting international programming for undergraduate and graduate students
International Affairs and Operations works closely with other internationally-focused offices and centers on campus, including:
- Princeton Institute for International and Regional Studies
- Office of International Programs
- Council for International Teaching and Research
The associate provost provides direct oversight of the Davis International Center, the Mpala Research Centre in Kenya, and the Princeton China Center. He also collaborates with administrative offices to address policies and practices related to internationalization that enable research and teaching, ensure health and safety, and promote quality of experience.
The associate provost oversees the development and approval of all institutional and departmental international Memoranda of Understanding (MOUs), exchange programs, and certain international contracts. As a delegate of the provost, the associate provost facilitates campus visits of international guests, dignitaries, and public figures.
For more comprehensive information of international opportunities at Princeton, visit International Princeton.