Resource Planning advises the provost on strategic and budgetary planning for academic and administrative units. Working closely with Finance and Treasury, and specifically the Budget Office, the Resource Planning team supports University leadership, departments and other units as they pursue goals in service of the overall mission of the University. This work includes:
- Analyzing financial information and other data to support strategic planning and decision-making;
- Partnering with units to address budget-related challenges and opportunities;
- Developing funding models for new academic and administrative initiatives;
- Collaborating with the Office of Advancement to translate departmental and University priorities into compelling fundraising opportunities;
- Supporting the management and allocation of endowed and term funds;
- Reviewing requests for central funding support; and
- Considering requests for staffing growth.
The primary functions of The Office of Institutional Research at Princeton are:
- Conduct analytical and policy studies that support decision making and planning
- Partner with other offices on projects that assess institutional effectiveness
- Monitor emerging issues through environmental scanning and involvement in national organizations
- Participate in data sharing through consortia
- Improve access to information for decision making
Please visit The Office of Institutional Research website for more information.